Assign an AvaTax tax group code to vendors to ensure AvaTax is calculating tax on purchase orders. Use the Tax Group Code Mass Update utility to assign multiple vendors to a tax group code at once.
- In Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, go to Avalara AvaTax > Utilities > Tax Group Code Mass Update.
- From Customer/Vendor, select Vendor.
- From Sales Tax Group, select AVATAX.
- Click the Range field and then click Select. The Inquiry page opens.
- On the Range tab, click the down arrow under Criteria, select the first vendor in the range, and then type 2 periods (..).
- Click the down arrow again, select the last vendor in the range, and then click OK.
- Click OK to run the utility.
When the utility finishes assigning your vendors to AvaTax, the "Vendor Tax Group Code Update Completed" message displays.