Assign an AvaTax tax group code to vendors to ensure AvaTax is calculating tax on purchase orders. Use the Tax Group Code Mass Update utility to assign multiple vendors to a tax group code at once.
- In Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations, go to Modules > Avalara AvaTax > Utilities > Customer/Vendor Level Utilities > Map Customers/Vendors to AVATAX.
- From Customer/Vendor, select Vendor.
- From Sales Tax Group, select AVATAX.
- Select the first customer in the range from From and select the last customer in the range from To.
- Click OK to run the utility.
When the utility finishes assigning your vendors to AvaTax, the "Vendor Tax Group Code Update Completed" message displays.