If you created customers without assigning them to AvaTax, update their sales tax group to make sure AvaTax is calculating sales tax for them. Use the Tax Group Code Mass Update utility to assign multiple customers to a tax group code at once.
- In Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations, go to Modules > Avalara AvaTax > Utilities > Customer/Vendor Level Utilities > Map Customers/Vendors to AVATAX.
- Select Customer for the customer/vendor.
- From Sales Tax Group, select the tax group with which to associate the customers.
- Select AVATAX to set the origin address to be either your company address or the warehouse address. If you select this option, the service determines whether the sourcing is from the destination or the origin address.
- Select AVATAX-POD to set the tax calculation based on the destination address.
- Select AVATAX-POS to set the tax calculation is based on the origin address
- Select the first customer in the range from From and select the last customer in the range from To.
- Select OK to run the utility.
When the utility finishes assigning your customers to AvaTax, the "Customer Tax Group Code Update Completed" message displays.