Setting up AvaTax to automate tax calculations for your business involves four essential milestones, plus a fifth if you're setting up Returns. Each milestone links to detailed step-by-step instructions to help you successfully complete each one.
- Create a company profile.If you haven't already, or if you want to add an additional company, start by telling us a little about your company and where you're registered to collect and pay tax.
- Connect Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central to AvaTax.Get your transactions flowing to AvaTax for automated sales tax calculation.
- Fine-tune your company profile.Adjust product taxability and learn about options for exempting customers.
- Test your setup.Preview tax calculations and make sure the connection is working.
- Set up Managed Returns.Complete this milestone only if you purchased Managed Returns.
- If you're using Returns for Small Business, schedule your returns. (This product is in a closed beta. Contact your Account Manager with questions.)
- If you're using any other version of Managed Returns, import transactions if needed, schedule your returns, and send them to our compliance team for review.
For customers with AvaTax sandbox accounts: After up set up and test your account, contact your implementation specialist or the Avalara Customer Center for help copying your setup to your production account.
For Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Learn on your own or with an expert