After you activate AvaTax and set up your company profile, install and configure AvaTax for your business application. During configuration, customize your setup to fit your unique business needs for things like:
- Tax calculation settings for various tax types
- Exemption settings if you have exempt customers
- Product taxability settings
Alter these settings when your business needs change.
Before you begin
Before you configure and connect AvaTax for Concur Invoice, ensure that:
- The Letter of Agreement is signed by you and Avalara. For more details, contact your CAM.
- Your version of Concur Invoice is the Professional Edition Account and has invoice user permissions for invoice services.
- A Concur Invoice Implementation Specialist activates your Concur Invoice account and creates your wsadmin-Avalara@<client domain> profile with Web Service Administrator permission.
- Log in to Concur Invoice using the wsadmin-Avalara@<client domain> profile and enable your application. You can create new user credentials and associated test entity key/consumer key that can be used for authorization during the invoice tax calculation.
- You have an active AvaTax account with user credentials and license key details. If you don't have an account, contact Avalara.
If you need any additional help, contact Concur Invoice's Helpdesk or Support.
- Go to the AvaTax for Concur Invoice website, and log in to your AvaTax for Concur Invoice account.
- In AvaTax for Concur Invoice, select AvaTax connector settings, fill in the fields, and then select Save.
Automatically populates with your information.
Select the company to use as the default company to save transactions to in AvaTax unless otherwise specified with the Company Entity Code Mapping field and the Entity Code Field field. The company code you configured for the company in AvaTax displays next to Company Code.
Company Code Automatically populates with your company code. Company Entity Code Mapping To enable saving transactions from a specific company (a.k.a. entity) in Concur Invoice to a company in AvaTax other than the default you selected, click +, select the entity code for the desired Concur Invoice company, and then select the AvaTax company to which it should map. User Status
Select Active to make the integration of AvaTax with Concur Invoice active.
Save Transaction in AvaTax
Select Yes to save transactions to AvaTax.
Document Commit Date
Select when documents are committed in AvaTax. Regardless of what you select, AvaTax calculates taxes when invoices are saved in Concur Invoice.
- Invoice Date - Documents are committed when invoices are saved in Concur Invoice.
- Extracted / Approved Date - Documents are committed when invoices are approved in Concur Invoice.
Total Tax Field
Select which custom field in Concur Invoice contains the total tax if you want to pass that to the header of invoices.
Entity Code Field
Select which custom field in Concur Invoice contains the Concur Invoice entity code used by the Company Entity Code Mapping field to map to AvaTax companies other than the default.
Reporting Location Field
Select which custom field in Concur Invoice contains the reporting location information to send to AvaTax. If you don't select a field, Concur Invoice doesn't send reporting location information to AvaTax.
Allocation Location Field
Select which custom field in Concur Invoice contains the allocation location information to send to AvaTax. If you don't select a field, AvaTax calculates taxes based on the transaction header-level ship-to address.
- Select Return to go back to the homepage.
- Select Connect to Concur and then log in to Concur Invoice.
- Next to AvaTax, select Connect, select to share information, and then click I Agree. Concur Invoice connects to AvaTax.
- Select Sign in with AvaTax.
- Use the other buttons on the homepage to:
Button Activity Activity Logs Enter search parameters to view a list of activities related to configuration changes and transaction calculations that meet your parameters. AvaTax Customer Portal Go to AvaTax.
Disconnect Concur Invoice from AvaTax. (This button becomes Connect to Concur after you've disconnected.)
We recommend staying connected. If you disconnect, AvaTax cannot calculate tax.