The connector for this integration is in "sustaining" mode. This means there are no new versions planned, and current versions won't be enhanced. Any issues identified will only be fixed on an as-needed basis.
After you activate AvaTax and set up your company profile, install and configure AvaTax for your business application. During configuration, customize your setup to fit your unique business needs for things like:
- Tax calculation settings for various tax types
- Exemption settings if you have exempt customers
- Product taxability settings
Alter these settings when your business needs change.
Download the AvaTax integration for CS-Cart
If you didn't already, download your integration software to connect your business application to AvaTax.
- In AvaTax, go to Settings > Integrations > Manage.
- Depending on your business application, do one of the following:
- Select See connector versions, select the most recent version, and then select Download.
- If you don't see a Download button, select Help and Support for detailed instructions. You may need to log in to your business application website before you see help documentation.
- If you downloaded a file, in your Downloads folder, right-click the .zip file and extract the installation folder or file (.exe or .pdf or .msi).
Install the AvaTax integration for CS-Cart
To install AvaTax for CS-Cart:
- Using FTP, upload all files and folders from the AvaTax for CS-Cart zip file to the root folder of your CS-Cart store.
- Complete the code changes detailed in the code change document available in the downloaded AvaTax for CS-Cart zip file.
- In the CS-Cart Administration section, on the Add-ons menu, click Manage Add-ons.
- To the right of Avalara AvaTax, click Install.
Configure AvaTax for your accounting software
- On the CS-Cart toolbar, on the Add-ons menu, click Manage Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons pane, to the right of Avalara AvaTax, click the Settings icon.
- On the Accounts Settings page, fill in the following:
- Account ID
- License Key
View your account number in AvaTax. Select Settings > All AvaTax settings. The account number is listed at the top of the page as your Account ID. If you don't know your license key, get a new one. Service URL Select the type of account you're connecting to in AvaTax.
- Next to Make a test call to the AvaTax, click Test connection. On successful verification, a list of associated company names populates in the Company Name field.
- Fill in the remaining required fields, including:
Field Action Company Name Select the correct name. The associated code displays in Company Code. Save Transaction to AvaTax Select Yes. Enable AvaTax address validation Optional: If you disable address validation, AvaTax uses the customer's ship-to address as entered to calculate the correct sales tax. Sales tax might be calculated incorrectly if this option is disabled. Enable AvaTax tax calculation If you choose to disable tax calculation, your accounting software no longer uses AvaTax to calculate tax on transactions. Send UPC code to AvaTax Optional: Select to send a UPC instead of an item code to AvaTax. Using this feature may trigger additional fees. Talk to your Customer Account Manager (CAM) for more information. Enable Log
Optional: This function is primarily used for troubleshooting issues. If you choose to enable logging, all success, warning, and error messages are included in the log. Only enable logging if you've been instructed to do so by Avalara Support because it can significantly slow down your service.
Select Yes to start generating Avalara logs in the ..\app\addons\avatax_tax_calculation\ava-logs folder.
Ava-Connect-Log-dd-mm-yyyy.txt (eg. Ava-Connect-Log-27-08-2015.txt) is the integration response log.