Read the release notes to learn about the latest additions, changes, and fixes to AvaTax Update for NetSuite OneWorld.
All supported versions of AvaTax Update for NetSuite OneWorld are now compatible with NetSuite 2018.2
AvaTax Update for NetSuite OneWorld (2019 releases)
July 8, 2019
- Added a workflow script to commit transactions in AvaTax Update
- Added support for accepted/rejected workflows
- You can now submit a tax override on transactions
- AvaTax Update for NetSuite OneWorld is now better optimized for use with SuiteCommerce In-Store
- Added support for additional tendering states in SCIS
- You no longer need to use a username and password when logging in
- You can now include more items in service item look up
- You can now choose to pass the value in the Customer External ID field as the customer code
- Fixed an issue that caused US-based calculation under a Canadian subsidiary to display only the county tax
- Fixed an issue that caused a "custpage_ava_entityusecodelist contained more than the maximum number characters allowed" error to occur when too many addresses were associated with an entity/use code
- Fixed an issue that caused an incorrect freight address to display
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Tax Included checkbox from working
February 27, 2019
- You can now assign customers created in SuiteCommerce In-Store to the AVATAX tax code by default.
AvaTax Update for NetSuite OneWorld (2018 releases)
December 7, 2018
- Reduced the time to update our entity/use code list when a change occurs.
- Fixed an issue where long entries in the Address Line 1 field prevented calculations.
- Fixed an issue that caused the AvaTax Update Reconcile Batch utility to hang when the target end date didn't contain any transactions.
October 12, 2018
- User Defined Fields (UDF1, UDF2) are now stored values
- You can now view and edit User Defined Fields (UDF1, UDF2) from items on transactions
- Performance improvements
- Fixed an issue in which the AvaTax tab did not display header level information on the transaction record
August 31, 2018
- AvaTax Update for NetSuite OneWorld now compatible with NetSuite OneWorld 2018.2
- Pass header location as ReportingLocation when present
- Performance and stability improvements
- Fixed an issue where sales tax does not display in web store properly
- Fixed an issue where a transaction would continue to save when the "Abort Save Operation on Tax Calculation Errors for Web Services" option was enabled
- Fixed an issue where the error “Cannot read property ‘0’ of undefined” is thrown when creating an invoice
- Fixed an issue where AvaTax Update was failing to calculate tax due to an "Unknown Country" error when the Republic of Korea is selected
August 10, 2018
- Fixed an issue where a sales order that includes VAT triggered a "This Document has not used AvaTax Services on Sales Order save" error message.
June 26, 2018
- Fixed an issue where VAT calculation was not occurring for subsidiaries attempting to calculate in multiple countries.
May 11, 2018
- Fixed an issue for some users that were experiencing "Unexpected error" messages when editing a Credit Memo.
- Fixed an issue that would result in a "Please choose an item to add" error message when editing a sub-tab other than the item.
April 23, 2018
- Fixed an issue when fetching shipping address values (e.g. shipcity) was taking longer than expected.
January 30, 2018
- Fixed the issue that was causing the exemption certificate number to be overwritten on the customer master record when you created a transaction through the web store
- Fixed the issue where tax wasn't recalculated when a custom discount was applied while creating a transaction through the SCIS module
- Fixed the issue that was causing a SuiteScript error when accessing AvaTax Update configuration
January 9, 2018
- Fixed the issue that caused a "Script Execution Usage Limit Exceeded" error when saving transactions
- Fixed the issue that caused a "Taxcode is not defined" error when saving transactions
AvaTax Update for NetSuite OneWorld (2017 releases)
December 29, 2017
- You can now use invoice addresses to calculate taxes for returns by enabling Use invoice address for tax calculation on returns in AvaTax Update configuration
- Fixed the issue where tax wasn't calculated on invoices with more than 100 billable items
November 20, 2017
Release 5.1.1 [Release notes from development]
- Fixed the issue where tax wasn't recalculated after applying a header-level discount when a transaction was created through the SCIS module
October 25, 2017
- Improved consumer use tax feature:
- You can now select the tax accrual date
- Fixed the issue where the location/class/department details weren't added in the journal entry for the corresponding accrual amount
- Fixed the issue where the Ship-To entity/use code wasn't sent to AvaTax Update to calculate the shipping and handling charges for transactions with Item Line Shipping option enabled
- Fixed the issue where the sales tax wasn't updated after items were removed from the shopping cart
- Fixed the issue where the log in to AvaTax Update failed if the credentials included a special character
August 10, 2017
- Fixed the issue where tax wasn't correctly calculated for returns created using SuiteCommerce InStore (SCIS)
August 3, 2017
- You can now add the vendor-paid sales tax as an item amount in a purchase transaction. From Avalara Configuration > Consumer Use Tax / Input VAT > Item for Tax Paid to Vendor, select the item that represents the vendor-paid sales tax. This item amount is treated as the vendor-paid sales tax and used to compare with the tax calculated by AvaTax Update.
- The purchase transaction is now committed to AvaTax Update only after a journal entry is created for the accrued amount
- Fixed the issue where the phone number details field was blank after the address was verified
- Fixed the issue where the exemption number was visible on the customer record even after it was deleted and the record was saved