To make sure AvaTax Update calculates tax for all your customers, add the AVATAX tax item to your customer records.
Before you begin
Before you assign a customer to AvaTax, create the AVATAX tax code.
Assign the AvaTax tax item to one customer
- Select a customer record to edit, and then go to the Financial tab.
- Under Tax Information, select TAXABLE. (If you've enabled the Enable Per Line Taxes on Transaction feature, the TAXABLE checkbox isn't visible at the transaction level because it's controlled directly from the customer card).
- Under Tax Item, select AVATAX. (Where appropriate select AVATAX-CAN, the tax code you created to assign to your customers in Canada.)
Assign the AvaTax tax item to many customers
- In NetSuite, go to Lists > Mass Update > Mass Updates.
- On the Mass Updates page, expand General Updates, and then select Customer.
- On the Customer Mass Update page, enter "Assign customers to AvaTax" in the Title of Action field.
- On the Criteria tab, select the appropriate Filter for the customers you'd like to assign to AvaTax Update.
- On the Mass Update Fields tab:
- For Taxable, select the Apply column and the Value column checkboxes.
- For Tax Item, select the Apply column checkbox and select AVATAX from the dropdown menu. (Where appropriate select AVATAX-CAN, the tax code you created to assign to your customers in Canada.)
- On the Schedule tab, choose Single Event. There's no need to repeatedly assign the same customers to AvaTax Update.
- Select Save. The update runs as scheduled.