After you activate AvaTax and set up your company profile, install and configure AvaTax for your business application. During configuration, customize your setup to fit your unique business needs for things like:
- Tax calculation settings for various tax types
- Exemption settings if you have exempt customers
- Product taxability settings
Update these settings when your business needs change.
We recommend you contact Avalara Professional Services before you install and configure AvaTax for your business application for help with implementation.
Download the AvaTax Update integration for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales
If you didn't already, download your integration software to connect your business application to AvaTax Update.
- Go to Settings > Manage Account.
- After Avalara Account opens in a new tab, go to Integrations > Extractors & Connectors.
- Click the arrow next to the name of your company's accounting software to download the connector you need.
- In your Downloads folder, right-click the .zip file and extract the installation folder or file (.exe or .pdf or .msi).
Install the AvaTax Update integration for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales
- Log in to Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales as a System Customizer.
- Go to Settings > Solutions > Import and select the .zip file from AvaTax Update.
- Use the wizard to install AvaTax Update for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales.
The default settings for AvaTax Update for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales meet many customers needs. But don't let us stop you digging in to things. If your business needs to fine-tune how AvaTax Update and Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales work together, change these settings any time you'd like.