Use the Batch Address Validation utility to validate multiple addresses at once.
Before you begin
Go to Avalara AvaTax > Setup > Configuration Settings > Address Validation tab and ensure that:
- The Disable Address Validation option is set to No
- The United States and Canada are selected for address validation
Validate multiple addresses at one time
- In Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, go to Avalara AvaTax > Utilities > Batch Address Validation. The Batch Address Validation window opens.
- To limit validation to addresses for customers in a particular place, under Parameters, select the place.
- Click Select, enter the range of customers whose addresses you want to validate, and then click Ok. In the Batch Address Validation window, the table displays the status of the addresses that AvaTax Update validated.
Update an invalid address in the Batch Address Validation utility
After running the Batch Address Validation utility, correct invalid addresses.
- In the table of validated addresses, click an address with an error message.
- Below the table, edit the original address, and then click Validate.
- When a valid address is returned, in the table, select Accept.
- After you update all invalid address, click OK. Addresses are updated on the customer record.