Update the sales tax group for a customer in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations to ensure that AvaTax Update is calculating sales tax for that customer. To assign many customers at once, assign customers to AvaTax Update in a batch.
Update the sales tax group
To update the sales tax group, determine the customer that you want to update and perform the following:
- To open the Customer Master, click Accounts Receivables > Customers > All Customers.
- Choose a customer and click Edit.
- In the Invoice and Delivery section, go to Sales Tax Group and choose one of the following tax schedules
- AVATAX: This schedule sets the Origin address to be either your company address or the warehouse address. If you select this option, the service determines whether the sourcing is from the Destination or the Origin Address.
- AVATAX-POD (Point of Destination): Select to set the tax calculation based on the Destination address.
- AVATAX-POS (Point of Sale): Select to set the tax calculation is based on the Origin address