Setting up AvaTax to automate tax calculations for your business involves four essential milestones, plus a fifth if you're setting up Returns. Each milestone links to detailed step-by-step instructions to help you successfully complete each one.
- Create a company profile.Start by telling us a little about your company and where you are registered to collect and pay tax.
- Connect Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central to AvaTax Update.Get your transactions flowing to AvaTax Update for automated sales tax calculation.
- Fine-tune your company profile.Adjust product taxability and learn about options for exempting customers.
- Test your setup.Preview tax calculations and make sure the connection is working.
- Set up Returns.Complete this milestone only if you purchased Returns. Import transactions, if needed. Schedule your returns and send them to our compliance team for review.
For customers with AvaTax Update sandbox accounts: After up set up and test your account, contact your implementation specialist or the Avalara Customer Center for help copying your setup to your production account.
Learn on your own or with an expert