Skip to main content
Avalara Help Center

Can I use a social security number instead of an FEIN?


You used to use FloridaFile or NewJerseyFile, don’t have a FEIN, but you have a social security number and would like to file through TrustFile. 




  • Enter your social security number in place of your FEIN number in the FEIN box.
    • Click on your company name > State settings or Registration Info > add your SSN

Note: This is only for manual filing in Florida and New Jersey, and only if you do not have a FEIN number.