When troubleshooting, start by verifying that the data you imported to TrustFile from Etsy is accurate. Review these troubleshooting tips for reconciling Etsy data with the data in TrustFile. For general data troubleshooting tips, see reconcile data and troubleshoot discrepancies.
Reconcile Etsy transactions in TrustFile
When confirming that your orders from Etsy are accurately synced with TrustFile, keep these details in mind.
- In Etsy, orders are labeled as either Paid or Not Paid. Only Paid orders are synced to TrustFile
- After you synchronize a Paid order to TrustFile, if it is later refunded (changed to Not Paid in Etsy), a refund transaction is sent to TrustFile
- The Order_date field in TrustFile is the same as the Sale Date field in Etsy
- The Order_id field is the same in both TrustFile and Etsy
- Download a CSV of your Paid orders in Etsy.
- Open the CSV and find the date range of the transactions you want to reconcile.
- Log in to your TrustFile account and click Transactions.
- Click Advanced Filtering to filter for the date range of transactions you want to reconcile:
- Select Etsy as the Source.
- Enter the date range in the From and To fields.
- Click Filter.
- Compare the transactions list in TrustFile to your Etsy CSV to ensure that all transactions have been imported, and that transaction dates and amounts are correct. For more data troubleshooting tips, see reconcile data and troubleshoot discrepancies.
Verify filing calendar dates for transactions
In Etsy, the default time zone applied to your transactions may differ from the time zone you've set for your TrustFile account. These time zone differences may cause transactions completed on the first day of the month to be recorded as completed on the last day of the previous month. This places them in your prior filing period (e.g., transactions may appear as completed on the 30th of June instead of on the 1st of July).
Check, and if necessary edit, the dates for transactions that fall on the first day of the month in Etsy to make sure they are recorded in the correct filing period in TrustFile.