After you upload a tax notice, make sure to update the notice details as you work to resolve it. This can help you to effectively track and communicate the status with your client.
In cases where a company receives a tax notice and a filing power of attorney is required, make sure the company's compliance contact information is current.
Before you begin
Upload a tax notice.
- In Returns for Accountants, go to the Notices tab.
The Notices page opens.
- Use the Filtering pane to include your search criteria, and select Go.
The results are displayed in the table.
- Find the tax notice you want to update, then select ⋮ > Edit.
- Edit any of the details in the Notice Details or Finance Details sections.
- Select the Comments section, then select + to add a written comment or status update.
- Go back to the Notice Details section, then select a Status that describes what action is needed to resolve the notice.
Select one of the Closed statuses if you have resolved the notice.
- Select Save when you're done.