A filing calendar identifies a single return, and includes all of the information you need to file the return. This includes the filing frequency of the return (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, or annually), the form to be submitted, and the filing method. If you have this information in a spreadsheet, use the filing calendars template to schedule multiple returns in Returns for Accountants.
Alternatively, use the guided filing calendar wizard to save you time by submitting multiple filing calendars for a client at once.
Before you begin
- Review the filing calendar import template guidelines.
- Consult with the client to determine where they are registered to collect tax.
- Collect company and filing information in the event you are setting up the client's company for the first time or updating a current company or filing request. It is recommended that you monitor your client's account monthly to make sure their filing information is current.
- Obtain location codes for location-based reporting; this is reflected in the company transactions.
- In Returns for Accountants, select the Filing calendars tab.
- Select the Add Filing Calendar icon.
- On the Add Filing Calendar menu, select Import Filing Calendars.
- Select Download Template to download the import template, and then open the file.
- Create the import file using the filing calendar import guidelines.
- Go back to the Import Filing Calendars page in Returns for Accountants.
- Drag and drop the import file into the import area or click Browse Instead to select the file.
The filing calendars are sent to the import queue to be processed, which can take a few minutes.
- Go to Filing calendars > Filing calendars to see if the filing calendars have been added, or go to Hello, username > Imports to check the status of the import process.
Some filing calendars also require additional information specific to the state or return. After the filing calendars have been added, make sure to review the filing calendar details and add any necessary information.