This article applies to:Avalara Returns
Before you approve and file your returns, make sure they match what's in your general ledger.
Before you begin
Your returns need to be set up and then approved by Avalara.
- Open your business application that connects to AvaTax.
- Run reports that work for the types of returns you're filing. If you're not sure which reports to run, check your business application guide.
- In AvaTax, go to Returns > Manage and Approve Returns.
- Compare the tax liability totals in Returns to the totals in your business application reports. Your returns are reconciled if these figures match.
If they don't:
- Compare AvaTax reconciliation reports to your business application reports, and see our guide to reconciling discrepancies.
- If a transaction in your business application isn't in AvaTax, you can either import the missing sales tax or consumer-use transaction or void the transaction in business application.
- Similarly, if a transaction in AvaTax isn't in your business application, add the transaction to your business application or void the transaction in AvaTax.