A tax notice is a notification from a tax jurisdiction telling you about a requirement, adjustment, or error involving your tax account. Manage your tax notices and view any responses you receive from Avalara.
Before you begin
Only users with Account-level permissions can view tax notices. Contact your account administrator if you can't view notices.
For more information on tax notice types, see Tax notices.
- In AvaTax Update, go to Returns > Tax Notices.
- Tax notices are organized by status. Click Details beside a notice to see why its status was changed.
- Action Required: You need to do something, like respond to Avalara or contact a tax jurisdiction, before Avalara can process the notice.
- In progress: Avalara is processing the tax notice. We'll update the tax notice if any action is required.
- Closed: Avalara closed the tax notice because no further action is needed, such as when a Department of Revenue approves a change.
- Resolved: Avalara has taken the actions required by the tax notice and its been resolved.
- Review any comments from Avalara and download any files attached to the notice.
- Certain tax notices may require an updated power of attorney