This article applies to:
As a manager or administrator, you can add new fields in both a custom data group and system data group. You can use this option to create any of these field types in the application:
- Text field
- Drop-down field
- Date field
- State field
- Hyperlink field
- Amount field
- From the Avalara License Management home page, select the drop-down arrow on the navigation bar, and then select Setup.
- Go to Customize > Data groups.
- Select a tab and a data group, and then select Custom fields.
- Select New custom field and enter the required information.
- Enter the name of the custom field.
- Select the field type.
- To make a custom field mandatory for users, select Required.
- To add a custom field as a column in the list pages, select Add to list.
- To add a custom field in reports, select Add to reports.
- Select Advanced options, and decide when you want a custom group to appear:
- To always display the custom field, select Show always.
- To conditionally display the custom field, select Show when and create the condition.
- Click Add field.