This article applies to:Exemption Certificate Management Pro
- Go to Exemptions > Customers.
- On the top-right corner of the page, click the ellipses button (...) and select Import.
- Download the template file for importing customers. The following templates are available:
- Customers template
- Customers with parent/child relationships template
The download toolkit contains a ZIP file with a spreadsheet and a help file.
- Open the spreadsheet and add information about customers. For information on guidelines for customer import template, see Guidelines for the Basic Information customer import template and Guidelines for the Full Information customer import template.
While updating the spreadsheet, ensure the following:
- Don't modify the column headings of the spreadsheet.
- Break up files longer than 100,000 lines into smaller files.
- Drag the updated spreadsheet into the upload field or select Choose file to select the file from a folder.
If there are any errors, download the error file and fix the errors.
- Select Exemptions > Customers to return to your list of customers.
Refresh the page if your new customers do not appear in the list.