Stop applying a specific exemption certificate to transactions. Once a certificate is no longer being applied, you can't reactivate it and use it again. Instead, copy the certificate to create a new one.
- In the home page menu, select Exemptions > Customers.
- If you know the certificate ID for the certificate you want to stop applying, go to Exemptions > Certificates and search for the certificate on that page.
- Select the customer code for the customer that has a certificate that you want to stop applying.
The customer record opens.
- Select the Exemption Certificates tab.
- Select the certificate ID for the certificate you want to stop applying.
The certificate record opens.
- Select Stop this certificate from being applied, and then select Stop this certificate.
Confirm you want to stop applying the certificate to transactions.
Submit a support case if you receive the error message 'Exemption could not be stopped' when you select Save.
Once a certificate has been stopped, Avalara no longer applies the certificate to transactions.