Ask your customers for certificates that are missing, and ask them to replace certificates that are expired or invalid.
Before you begin
Note: To request certificate images, you need to upgrade your account to ECM Essentials.
- Change the way Avalara handles exemption certificates if needed.
- Add an exempt customer if you haven't already.
- In the Avalara Home page menu, select Exemptions > Customers.
The Customers page opens.
- Find the customer you need a certificate from and click Request a certificate.
- Enter the customer's name and email address.
Text added to the Note field is inserted into the beginning of the request email.
- Click Send request.
Customers receive an email containing a secure link and instructions for completing a new exemption certificate.