This article applies to:AvaTax
Import customer information and details about their exemption certificates at the same time, rather than doing it manually.
- In the Avalara Home page menu, select Exemptions > Customers.
- Select Import customers and certificates.
- Select Download the certificate import toolkit to download the import toolkit.
The toolkit contains a ZIP file with a spreadsheet and a help file.
- Open the template and add customer and certificates. Use this guide to help.
- Don't modify the Column headings of the template.
- Break up files longer than 100,000 lines into smaller files.
- Drag the file into the upload field or select Choose file to select the file from a folder.
If there are any errors, download the error file and fix the errors.
- Select Exemptions > Customers to return to your list of customers.
Refresh the page if your new customers do not appear in the list.