Use the tax and accrual summary to view where you overpaid or underpaid tax on the selected transactions.
Avalara Consumer Use is an add-on for AvaTax. Adjust transactions in Avalara Consumer Use and then forward them to your AvaTax company to manage reports and returns.
- In Avalara Consumer Use, go to Transactions > Assess and edit.
- Filter your transactions to narrow the results.
- Select Tax summary to expand a breakdown of transactions based on the current filter, organized by transaction status.
- Refresh the page after you process transactions to update the tax and accrual summary.
Values are calculated based on the transactions that meet your filter selections.
Status of the transaction. For more information, see Transaction status in Avalara Consumer Use.
The total number of transaction documents or invoices.
- Line items
The total number of lines across all transaction documents.
- Total value
The total sale amount of all transactions.
- Taxable, Nontaxable
The total taxable amounts of all transactions.
- Charged Tax, Calculated Tax
The amount of tax charged on your original transaction and the tax calculated by Avalara's tax engine.
- Over Accrual
The amount of overpaid tax.
- Under Accrual
The amount of underpaid tax. This should be considered when filing returns.