Company defaults automatically populate transactions values based on other fields. Company default relationships are useful for frequent purchases, common cost centers, or familiar vendors. If you're setting up default values before importing transactions, Avalara recommends starting with Item Code.
Avalara Consumer Use is an add-on for AvaTax. Adjust transactions in Avalara Consumer Use and then forward them to your AvaTax company to manage reports and returns.
Before you beginReview how Avalara Consumer processes company defaults.
- In Avalara Consumer Use, go to Settings > Data Curation > Manage your company's <Field Name>.
- Previously saved transaction components are listed. Find the value you need to assign a default value to and select the pencil to expand its details.
- Select the default value drop-down and choose a value.
- Certain default values are only available for specific transaction components. For example, vendors can only be assigned default item codes or cost centers.
- For a full list of default value relationships, see company default value guidelines.
If a default value is missing from the drop-down selector, you may need to add that item.
- Select Save.