Maintain consumer use tax compliance by regularly identifying and exporting transactions with errors. After you fix your transactions, reuse the export file or move them to a fresh import file so that you can add them to Avalara Consumer Use.
Avalara Consumer Use is an add-on for AvaTax. Adjust transactions in Avalara Consumer Use and then forward them to your AvaTax company to manage reports and returns.
- In Avalara Consumer Use, go to Transactions > Assess and edit.
- Filter your transactions to find ones that fall within a particular time frame or meet some other criteria.
- Click the Error tab to view transactions that contain errors.
- To view error details for a single transaction:
- Click the Audit Log (clipboard) icon.
- Check the Audit Note column for errors. This column usually contains useful information for fixing your transactions.
- To export multiple transactions that contain errors:
- Use the checkboxes to select transactions. Use the Select All checkbox to the left of Status to select all transactions at once.
- Select the radio button beside Export, and then click Apply.
- Choose how to organize the selected transactions. If you plan to use the export file to import your repaired transactions, select Line Level.
- Line Level: Export all transactions in individual rows.
- Aggregated: Group transaction data by column headers you select. When using this option, select the arrows to adjust the order of column headers in your export file.
- Add a comment to create an audit trail for your data export.
- Click Download to generate the file.
The exported file is downloaded to your computer's default download location. Fix your transactions, and then try importing them again.