Export processed transaction data so you can add it to a business application or AvaTax.
Avalara Consumer Use is an add-on for AvaTax. Adjust transactions in Avalara Consumer Use and then forward them to your AvaTax company to manage reports and returns.
- In Avalara Consumer Use, go to Transactions > Process transactions.
- Filter your transactions to limit the transactions as needed.
- Use the checkboxes to select transactions. Select the checkbox to the left of Status to select all transactions in your filters.
- Select the bubble beside Export, and then select Apply.
- Choose how to organize the selected transactions.
Line Level: Export all transactions in individual rows.
Aggregated: Group transaction data by column headers you select. When using this option, select the arrows to adjust the order of column headers in your export file.
Include Balancing Entries for Modified Line Items: Adds lines in your exported file to deduct previously allocated amounts anywhere allocations were changed.
Balancing entries example: A line item of $1000 in goods is originally assigned to Cost Center A. This line is then re-allocated in Avalara Consumer Use so that 50% of the line is now assigned to Cost Center B.
If Include Balancing Entries is not checked, the extracted file will include each line with a $500 taxable amount and corresponding taxes given the locations.
If Include Balancing Entries is checked, the extracted file will include a third line for Cost Center A at a -$1000 taxable amount and a negative of the original amount of assigned tax, in order to effectively replace the existing General Ledger entry with the two lines above.
- Add comments to associate with this particular export. Use this field to create an audit trail for your data extractions.
- Select Download to generate the report.