Processing rules automatically change or categorize transactions as they're imported. Many processing rules use existing company values to trigger specific actions.
Avalara Consumer Use is an add-on for AvaTax. Adjust transactions in Avalara Consumer Use and then forward them to your AvaTax company to manage reports and returns.
Before you begin
- Add company values to your settings before they can be used in a processing rule
- Processing rules are not retroactive
- Go to Settings > Transaction Rules.
- Select pre-calculation rules to customize how transactions are processed before tax calculation.
- Confirm line items based on taxable amount: Enter a taxable amount. Transactions below this threshold are automatically confirmed.
- Confirm invoices and line items from trusted vendors: Skip processing and automatically confirm the transaction. Select a vendor in the drop-down.
- Calculate zero tax: Select a company value and click save.
- Select post-calculation rules to customize how transactions are processed after pre-calculation rules are applied and tax calculations occur.
- Mark to be reviewed: Transactions with these company values are added to the To be reviewed tab under Transactions > Process transactions.
- Mark for allocation: Transactions with these company values are added to the To be allocated tab during Transactions > Process transactions.
- Commit calculated tax amounts for inaccurate vendors: Set to No by default. Avoids committing transactions from specific vendors.
- Add or edit a rule and then click Save.