Skip to main content
Avalara Help Center

Do you do Secretary of State registrations and do I need one?

We can assist with Secretary of State registrations, however, we cannot advise whether your business requires one, as we are not providers of tax or legal advice. If your counsel or accountant recommends that you need to file with the Secretary of State, either in your home state, or in another state as a qualified foreign entity, we can assist with those filings. Please note, however, that if you don’t have a physical location/address in a non-home state, you may be required to establish a physical presence via the services of a Registered Agent. Registered Agents provide local addresses within each state so that in the event of a legal action, there is an in-state address for service of process. 

  • Was this article helpful?