When you have a lot of transactions to void, it can be faster to void transactions by importing. Voided transactions don't appear in AvaTax reports or on tax returns, though some reports have advanced filtering options so you can view them.
|Transactions can't be deleted—AvaTax saves all your records in case of an audit.|
- In AvaTax, go to Transactions > Import Transactions.
- Download and unzip the transaction import toolkit.
- Fill out the import transactions template as you would for an import, paying special attention to the following fields:
- For ProcessCode (column A), enter 0 for each transaction.
- Enter the DocCode (column B), DocType (column C), and CompanyCode (column E) for each transaction you want to cancel.
- Make sure the DocCode matches the DocCode in AvaTax.
- If you don't know your company code, you can find it in AvaTax at Settings > Company Details, where "Company" is your company's name.
Save the template when you're done.
- Import the template to void the transactions.