If there are transactions in AvaTax that either shouldn't be there or don't match what's in your business application, void them. Voided transactions don't appear in AvaTax reports or on tax returns, though some reports have advanced filtering options so you can view them.
|Transactions can't be deleted—AvaTax saves all your records in case of an audit.|
To void transactions in AvaTax:
- In AvaTax, select Transactions.
- Select the check box next each transaction you want to void, and then select Set Document Status of Selected.
- Select Voided from the list of status changes.
- Select Save.
After refreshing the page, the Doc Status changes to Voided for each transaction you selected.
When you have a lot of transactions to void, it can be faster to import them. To void transactions by importing:
- In AvaTax, go to Transactions > Import Transactions.
- Download the transaction import toolkit and unarchive it.
- Fill out the import transactions template:
- For ProcessCode (column A), enter 0 for each transaction.
- Enter the DocCode (column B), DocType (column C), and CompanyCode (column E) for each transaction you want to cancel.
- Make sure the DocCode matches the DocCode in AvaTax.
- If you don't know your company code, you can find it in AvaTax at Settings > Company Details, where "Company" is your company's name.
Save the template when you're done.
- Import the template to cancel the transactions.