This article applies to:AvaTax
Update your company's basic information in your company profile if something changes about your business. Deactivate a closed business, update a company name or Taxpayer ID Number (EIN), or turn your company into a child of another company.
- In AvaTax, go to Settings > Manage Companies.
- Select Details next to the name of the company profile you want to update.
- Make the changes you want.
- Company name
The name your company uses on legal documents.
- Business ID (BIN)
The number you use if you do business outside of the U.S. This number is created by the governments in the countries where your business operates.
- Taxpayer ID Number (EIN)
The number you use if you do business within the U.S. Call the IRS Business and Specialty Tax Line if you have questions about your company's Taxpayer ID Number.
- Company code
This might be determined by your business application. Find out if you need a code.
- Parent or child status
If this company is a child of another company, select the checkbox next to Organize this Company Under a Parent Company.
- Enter the name of the parent company.
- Decide if this company uses the same tax settings as the parent company.
- Decide if this company will file returns separate from the parent company.
- Default status
The default company displays automatically whenever you log in to your account.
- Company status
Whether the company profile is activated, deactivated, or being used as a test company.
- Active: AvaTax calculates tax on transactions and can generate return reports and file returns if Managed Returns is active.
- Test company: AvaTax calculates tax on transactions but can't generate return reports or file returns.
- Inactive: AvaTax doesn't calculate tax, generate reports, or file returns.
- Company name
- Select Save.