In AvaTax, a transaction can have one of five statuses:
The transaction is committed to AvaTax and included on reports and the next filed return.
This transaction is included on a tax return and can't be changed. To make changes, amend the return.
This transaction is saved, and then AvaTax verified that it matches the transaction posted in your business application. It isn't included on reports or returns filed by Managed Returns until it's committed. This status only appears in certain integrations, and It's unlikely you'll see it.
This transaction is added in AvaTax, but not committed. It isn't included on reports or returns filed by Managed Returns until it's committed.
This transaction is void in AvaTax.
Change transaction status
A transaction's status can be changed on the main Transactions page in AvaTax:
- Select the transaction or transactions you want to change, and then click Set Document Status of Selected.
- Chose a status. When changing statuses manually, you can only select Committed, Uncommitted, or Void.
- Click Save.
Refresh the page to see the status change.
|If Avalara files your tax returns, keep in mind that you can't uncommit any transactions used in those returns. Amend the returns instead.|
Transaction status and import method
- Transactions sent to AvaTax from your business application appear as committed transactions.
- Transactions imported using the import transactions template can be either committed or void.
- Manually added transactions can be committed, just like transactions from your business application, but you can also save them as uncommitted. This option is useful if you don't want the transaction included in reports or Managed Returns.
Filter transactions by status
On the Transactions page in AvaTax, you can filter transactions by status by clicking Filters and selecting from the Document Status menu.