After you connect your system to AvaTax Update, send a few test transactions to verify different business scenarios and workflows, and make sure the connection is working.
- In your system, create and commit a transaction or an invoice. The transaction must be committed for AvaTax Update to calculate the tax. If your system allows it, add a prefix to the document code on the test transaction so it's easy to identify and void later on.
We recommend testing common workflows and billing scenarios including quotes, return invoices, or credit memos.
Here are some things you might want to include in a test transaction:
- Once the transaction is posted to AvaTax Update, log in to AvaTax Update and click Transactions to review the transaction. If your test transaction doesn't show up in AvaTax Update or look as you expect, try these things:
- Make sure the account ID, license key, and company code in AvaTax Update match the ID, key, and code in your business application.
- Create another test transaction and turn off any plugins or customizations to your business application. Sometimes these additions interfere with the connection to AvaTax Update.
- Change your settings in AvaTax Update or your connector as needed.
- Once you're satisfied with the AvaTax Update results, void the transaction in your business application and in AvaTax Update to make sure it isn't included in your tax returns.