Avalara Account is a web-based account management tool for your account with Avalara. Use Avalara Account for:
- Billing - view and pay your invoices
- Products - view your subscription usage and plan details
- Integrations - manage and select connectors (used to integrate your business application with AvaTax Update)
- Support cases - submit issues to Avalara Support, manage any ongoing cases you've already submitted, and find contact information for your Customer Account Manager (CAM)
- License key - generate a new license key for AvaTax Update
- Contact information - manage your billing contact
If you need more help with your account, contact your Customer Account Manager (CAM).
The pages you access through the Billing menu make billing easy, from your invoices to your payments. Changing billing information requires Account Admin permissions.
When you sign in to Avalara Account, the Statement summary page opens and displays summaries of open invoices that you can pay through Avalara Account. To pay invoices that don’t display on the Statement summary page, follow payment directions on the invoice you received. Here's how to pay invoices via Avalara Account:
- Go to Billing > Statements.
- Next to each invoice summary, find links to download a copy of the invoice or to pay the invoice. Use the payment link to pay early or to pay with a payment method other than your default method.
- On the payment page that opens when you click the payment link, you’ll also find links to add payment methods.
Go to Billing > Payment Methods to add, delete, or make changes to your payment methods. You can pay invoices displayed in Avalara Account with:
- A credit or debit card
- An electronic withdrawal from a bank account
Currently, Avalara doesn’t accept other methods of payment (such as wire transfer or PayPal).
When you pay through Avalara Account, you’re enrolled in automatic payments. You must add at least one payment method. If you add multiple methods, you must set one as the default method. We use the default method for your payments, automatically charging the total of each invoice to your default method on its due date.
If you encounter an error or if you need to update your payment method after a payment is declined, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important things to know about automatic payments
When you enroll in automatic payments:
- You authorize Avalara to charge all your Avalara services (including subscriptions, usage, overage charges, upgrades, and renewals) to the default payment method you provide. This includes, but isn't limited to, invoices for AvaTax Update, Returns, Clearnine Cart, and certain Professional Services invoices.
- You authorize Avalara to apply the default payment method to all existing subscriptions and open invoices, even if a different payment method was used before the new default payment method was selected.
- All new and existing unpaid invoices are paid automatically with the default payment method.
- You must contact your bank to pre-authorize transactions with Avalara. You'll need an Avalara Bank Origin ID:
Silicon Valley Bank – 1911718107
USA ePay – 9000085010
Authorize.net - 1911718107
- You can change your default payment method at any time.
- You can't delete a credit card, but you can set a new card or ACH payment method as a default.
- Automatic payment doesn't include remittances for tax liabilities. Those payments are configured separately and can come from a different bank account than your invoice payments. This is applicable for Returns, TrustFile, and Excise Returns customers.
- If you subscribe to a returns product from Avalara, your tax liabilities are withdrawn from the bank account that you configure in those products. This can be the same bank account you use to pay your invoices, or it can be different. If you use the same bank account for automatic payments and to pay your tax liability, this results in separate withdrawals from your bank account.
Are there invoice types I can't pay through Avalara Account?
We're continually adding invoice types to Avalara Account, but at this time you can only pay those issued for annual services. Continue to use your existing payment structures for handling other invoices.
Pay an Avalara quote
We issue Avalara quotes approximately 6 weeks prior to issuing the invoice. If you wish to pay the quote, you can do so either by mail or by ACH.
- To pay by mail, make the check payable to Avalara, Inc. and send it to:
Dept. CH 16781
Palatine, IL 60055-6781
- To pay by ACH, contact Avalara Support.
View your past payments in Avalara Account or download the associated invoices at Billing > History.
If you can't find the invoice you're looking for, contact AccountsReceivable@avalara.com.
View your billing contact and billing address at Billing > Contact.
Click Edit details to make changes.
Products and usage
On the Products page, see active subscriptions and usage data. Learn how to check product usage.
If you’ve purchased a integration (connector) that you download and install yourself, you’ll find it on the Integrations page. Learn how to download your connector.
On the Support Cases page, submit issues to Avalara Support and track any support cases you have open.
Open a support case
Go to Support Cases and click Open a support case to report an issue to Avalara Support.
As you fill out the details in the support case form, Avalara Account uses key words from your message to suggest relevant help center articles that might provide a solution to your problem. Before you open the support case, check to make sure that none of the recommended topics provide the help you need.
Manage your open cases
Once you've submitted an issue to Avalara Support, you can track the progress of your support case on the Support Cases page.
- Click Details next to a specific case in the list to see more information about the case
- On the details page, find messages from Avalara Support under Comments. Support comments are also sent to the email address you entered when you submitted the case.
- Click Add comment to give Avalara Support more details about your case, or to respond to messages from Avalara Support
- Keep track of your support cases and respond promptly to Avalara Support to ensure a quick resolution to your issue
To help resolve your issue, Avalara Support may ask for your account ID or company ID number, details about your business, or other relevant information. Respond to these requests quickly to help resolve your support case as fast as possible.
Contact your Customer Account Manager (CAM)
Talk to your Customer Account Manager (CAM) about account upgrades, your account details, and how Avalara can easily and reliably automate away your tax compliance problems. Find your CAM's contact information on the bottom of the Support Cases page.
If you can't find your CAM's contact information, then your account may not be linked to a Customer Account Manager. Contact Avalara Support or refer to your correspondence with Avalara to find your CAM.
Your license key is unique to your account. If you have production and sandbox accounts, each has its own license key. You must have a license key to connect your accounting software to AvaTax Update.
Find your license key
Depending on when you set up AvaTax Update, your original license key was emailed to you after you generated it when you got your connector or when you accepted the terms and conditions.
Avalara doesn't keep a copy of your license key and can't tell you what it is.
Search for your current license key in:
- Your email if you're the account administrator who set up AvaTax Update. Find the latest reset email or the Get Started email if the license key has never been reset.
- Your business application. Some display the license key in AvaTax Update configuration.
Get a new license key
You must be an AvaTax Update account admin to generate a new license key.
To generate a new license key, go to Settings > Manage key, and then click Generate license key.
After you generate a new license key, be sure to update the license key in every workstation that connects to AvaTax Update. If your business application doesn't have the correct license key, the workstation can't connect to AvaTax Update.
Go to Settings > Manage Contact Info to keep your billing contact and billing address updated to make sure you don’t miss important communications from Avalara. Avalara sends any communications about invoicing to your billing contact.
For example, we notify you by email when there’s a new invoice for you in Avalara Account. After you make a payment, we send email confirmation within 24 hours of when the payment is finalized.