This article applies to:Avalara AvaTax Update
Unlike creating users manually, importing allows you to add customer information and their exemption details at the same time.
- Go to Exemptions, and then click Import Customers and Exemptions.
- Download the Exemptions Import Toolkit from AvaTax Update. The toolkit contains the ECMS_import_template spreadsheet.
- Open the template and add customer information. Use this table as a guide.
- Don't modify the Column headings of the template
- Spreadsheets with more than 100,000 lines can't be imported. Break them up into smaller import files
- Save your spreadsheet and return to Exemptions > Import Customers and Exemptions.
- Drag the file into the upload field or click Browse Instead to select the file for upload.
Refresh the page if your new customers do not appear in the list.