When you already have tax rules set up in your business application, you can import them into AvaTax. Get set up and moving with AvaTax and the rules you're already using.
- In AvaTax, click Settings.
- Next to Custom Rules, click Manage.
- Download the Tax Rule Import Template.
- Click Tax Rules.
- Click Import Tax Rules.
- Click Download the Tax Rule Import Toolkit.
- Create your import file using the template. See the guidelines for the tax rule import template if you need help.
If any custom tax rule applies to a custom tax code, you need to create the code before uploading your custom rule.
- Upload your file on the Import Your Tax Rules page.
If you get an error message while uploading your toolkit file, click View Rule Import History and download the error file. Open the error file to see which rule created the error and make changes based on what you see. Rename the toolkit file and upload it again.