If you get an error while importing information about the items you sell, the error report will tell you which lines need to be fixed. Use the error report to troubleshoot any errors you get when importing your items.
- In AvaTax, go to Settings > What You Sell.
- On the What You Sell Page, select View Item Import History.
- Select the Download icon in the Errors column of the import that you want to troubleshoot.
- Open Error.csv and view the error message in the last column for each item that failed to import.
- Open the file that you imported and make the necessary corrections to the item information, as stated in the error column of Error.csv.
- Save the file and import it again.
If you're seeing an error about the input header row, make sure that your file is following the template in the import toolkit. Files exported from AvaTax don't have the same header information, and can't be imported without first being transferred to the import template.