This article applies to:AvaTax
Edit your exemption's expiration date or application type.
Before you begin
- Most fields can't be edited. If you need to modify fields such as the effective date or the exemption number, stop the exemption and create a new one.
- Customers participating in Avalara's SST program must include Business Type and Description information for each exempt customer. See SST Exemption Requirements.
- In AvaTax, select Exemptions.
- Find your exempt customer in the list and select View Exemptions.
- Find the exemptions to edit and select View Details.
- Only Expiration Date and Exemption Type can be changed.
- Expiration - When the exemption no longer applies to the customer. Select the date to change it.
- Blanket vs Single - Apply the exemption to all transactions, or only transactions with a specific invoice or PO number.
- Select Save.