An establishment is a physical address where your company conducts business. Select countries where you have an establishment so the appropriate VAT rules are applied to your transactions. Certain places and trade agreements may define an establishment differently.
- In AvaTax, go to Settings > Where You Collect Tax.
- Select the VAT/GST tab to view places your company is collecting VAT/GST.
- Make sure the countries where you do business and have an establishment have already been listed as a place where you collect tax. If not, click Add Region to select and add the countries.
- Once the correct countries are on the list, click Details next to a country to configure your place of supply settings. By default, This is an establishment is checked. If you don't have an establishment in that country, click the box to uncheck it.
- Click Save to finish setting up that country, and then click Done with tax jurisdictions when you're finished with settings in all countries.