In addition to testing with the tax calculator, you'll want to create a transaction in AvaTax to verify tax calculations.
- In AvaTax, go to Transactions > Transactions.
- Click Add Transaction. For information about creating a transaction, see add a transaction.
We recommend testing common workflows and billing scenarios including quotes, return invoices, and credit memos.
Here are some things you might want to include in a test transaction:
- Once the transaction is posted, review the transaction in AvaTax on the Transactions page.
- Make changes to your AvaTax settings in as needed.
- Once you're satisfied with the results, void the transaction so it isn't included in your reports or sales tax returns.