This article applies to:Avalara AvaTax Update
Select countries where you have a permanent establishment so the appropriate VAT rules are applied to your transactions. AvaTax Update assumes that permanent establishment is involved in transactions in these countries.
- In AvaTax Update, go to Settings > Where You Collect Tax.
- Select the VAT/GST tab to view places your company is collecting VAT/GST.
- Make sure the countries where you do business and have a permanent establishment have already been listed as a place where you collect tax. If not, click Add Region to select and add the countries.
- Once the correct countries are on the list, click Details next to a country to configure your place of supply settings. By default, This is a Permanent Establishment is checked. If you don't have a permanent establishment in that country, click the box to uncheck it.
- Click Save to finish setting up that country, and then click Done with tax jurisdictions when you're finished with settings in all countries.