To keep your Avalara account secure, it's a good idea to regularly change your password.
Change your password
- Go to Account > Change password.
- Enter your current password and a new password.
Your password must be at least eight characters long, and contain at least three of the following: an uppercase letter, a lowercase letter, a number, and a symbol.
To make your new password stronger, try including numbers, symbols, and a mix of uppercase and lowercase characters. The password strength bar turns green when your new password is strong enough.
- Select Save.
Forgot your password?
If you don't remember your current password, reset it via email.
- When signing into Avalara, select Forgot Password.
- Enter your user name or email address and select Request Reset.
- Check the email address associated with your Avalara account for an email with the subject line "Avalara account password reset." Follow the instructions in the email to reset your password.
If you can't find the email in your inbox, check your spam filter or junk mail folder.
If you still can't find the email, check with your IT department to make sure incoming email isn't being stopped by a filter or advance mail filter.