This article applies to:AvaTax
To keep your AvaTax account secure, it's a good idea to regularly change your password.
Change your password
- Go to Account > Change password.
- Enter your current password and a new password.
Your password must be at least eight characters long, and contain at least three of the following: an uppercase letter, a lowercase letter, a number, and a symbol.
To make your new password stronger, try including numbers, symbols, and a mix of uppercase and lowercase characters. The password strength bar turns green when your new password is strong enough.
- Select Save.
Forgot your password?
If you don't remember your current password, reset it via email.
- When signing into AvaTax, select Forgot Password.
- Enter your user name or email address and select Request Reset.
- Check the email address associated with your AvaTax account for an email with the subject line "Avalara account password reset." Follow the instructions in the email to reset your password.
- If you can't find the email in your inbox, check your spam filter or junk mail folder.