Managing user access in AvaTax Update gives you the flexibility to share your information with others. Let someone else update your AvaTax Update account or company profile. Or, just view the information without the option to edit. You can remove access at any time.
Before you begin
Have the following information ready:
- The name and the email address of the person you want to invite.
- A user name for that person.
- In AvaTax Update, go to Settings > Users.
- Select Add a User.
- Enter the person's name, email address, and user name.
- Decide what the person will have access to.
- Account: Everything within your account, including all companies, child companies, and settings.
- Company: Everything within a company, including child companies.
- Decide how much they can do with their access.
- Read-only access: View account or company information but not change anything. A user with account-level read-only permissions can view past payments, payment method, current billing contacts, and autopay status, but cannot make changes.
- Administrator: View and make changes to account or company information. A user with account-level administrator permissions can submit payments, add or delete payment methods, update billing contacts, and manage autopay enrollment.
- Select Add and Send Invite.
You can change access settings at any time. Or, remove a person's access by selecting Details next to the person's name.
Avalara sends an email inviting the person to create a password and start using AvaTax Update.