While you're adding jurisdictions in which you collect and remit, you may need to add businesses outside the US. Then, AvaTax Update calculates VAT / GST or customs duty for sales in those countries. Before you select additional countries, review how AvaTax Update handles distance sale thresholds and place of supply settings.
Selecting Canadian provinces and territories turns on the calculation of Canadianand/or Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) for products or services delivered to Canadian customers. If you're a GST/HST registrant, you must select the 5 participating HST provinces: New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, and Prince Edward Island. For more information, see what is GST/HST.
Add non-US countries to collect VAT / GST or customs duty
- In AvaTax Update, go to Settings > Where You Collect Tax.
- Click the VAT/GST tab, and then click Add a Country Where You Collect VAT/GST.
- Check the box beside any country where you do business, and then click Add Selected Countries.
- Click Add a Tax ID for country to modify its Tax ID or place of supply settings. Click Done with (Country Name) to finish.
- Repeat these steps for each country you add.