This article applies to:AvaTax
First, add details about your exempt customers to AvaTax. Then, add exemption details about that customer. Alternatively, import customers and exemption details at the same time.
Before you begin
- In AvaTax, select Exemptions.
The Customer Exemptions page opens.
- Select Add an Exempt Customer.
- Enter your customer's information, and then select Save.
Select Validate Address so AvaTax knows which jurisdictions to include.
- Customer Name: Enter your customer's name as it appears on exemption documents.
- Customer Code: Enter a unique code to identify your customer. This code should match the customer code in your business application.
- Select Save Exempt Customer.