When you start using our platform, you set up a company. A company in Avalara is a model of your business from a sales tax and consumer use tax perspective. If you have a multi-company organization, add the additional companies. Add the parent company first, if your organization has parent company/child company relationships.
Before you begin
- Add your company information.
Begin by entering your address and tax ID numbers.
- Tell us where you collect and pay tax.
Enter the states, local jurisdictions, and countries where you're registered to collect and pay tax.
- Verify your jurisdictions and activate your company.
Double-check that we know everywhere you collect and pay tax. Confirm the tax types, effective date for each jurisdiction, and tax ID numbers.
- Connect to our platform.
- If you're using an integration and you haven't already set it up, find your business application or online marketplace here to learn how to do that.
- If you don't have an integration, manually import your transactions.
- If you're developing an API, start with our workflow and best practices.