Read the release notes to learn about the latest additions, changes, and fixes to AvaTax for QuickBooks Online.
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 17
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 17 release 17.1, June 24, 2019
- AvaTax for QuickBooks Online now does a better job parsing addresses entered directly into an invoice
- Fixed the issue that caused tax calculation to fail when the country was not included in the shipping address
- Fixed an issue that caused the Estimate Tax button to continue to display when AvaTax was disconnected
- Fixed an issue that caused the class to be deleted after sales tax calculation
- Fixed an issue that caused the "Something went wrong" error message to display for address errors
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 16
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 16 release 16.2, April 24, 2019
- Created a workaround for an issue in QuickBooks Online. You can now do real-time calculations in the backend so those calculations can be saved.
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 15
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 15 release 15.0, September 11, 2018
- Improved user interface and experience
- Added a success message after integrating the connector for the first time
- Updated purchase flow for new customers
- Added the ability to sign up for an AvaTax account via buy.avalara.com
- Improvements to performance
- Fixed the "Product & Service not selected!" error for accounts whose having more than 15k line items
- Fixed the "Product or service Item Description" error thrown when a line item created on the fly
- Fixed an issue that where tax jurisdictions enabled in the Nexus/"Where do you collect taxes" page were not reflecting what was set in AvaTaxFixed an issue in which the customer, display, or project name was being inserted into the address field
- Fixed an issue in which address validations would occasionally fail when an addressee is on line 1 and/or 2
- Fixed an issue in which the incorrect tax amount in some case when display name is added to the address field
- Fixed an issue in which the sales tax calculation may be delayed after an address change
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 14
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 14 release 14.2, June 28, 2018
- Made some performance improvements on back end processing services (i.e. imported transactions).
- Fixed an issue where transactions with over 55 lines were not processing.
- Fixed an issue where some transactions would receive tax, but would not post to AvaTax.
- Fixed an issue in which some imported transactions were not calculating tax.
- Fixed an issue where imported transactions are were no longer posting to AvaTax.
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 13
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 13 release 13.0, March 6, 2018
- Customer addresses created more than 6 days ago won't be automatically validated
- Improved error messages for address errors
- Improved stability and performance
- Improved the new customer purchase flow
- Fixed an issue where using a negative quantity and amount resulted in a positive charge in AvaTax
- Fixed an issue where transactions that were voided or deleted weren't updated properly in AvaTax
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 12
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 12 release 12.3, September 5, 2017
- Minor enhancements and fixes
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 11
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 11 release 11.1, February 9, 2017
- Minor enhancements and fixes
- Fixed the issue where the sales tax was automatically recalculated for invoices that were created more than a year ago. For such invoices, you can still update and recalculate sales tax from the QuickBooks Online user interface.
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 10
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 10 release 10.1, October 19, 2016
- Minor enhancements and fixes
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 9
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 9 release 9.0, May 23, 2016
- Fixed the issue where temporary documents with Status as Uncommitted and DocCodes ending with "$New" were created
- Fixed the issue where tax wasn't properly calculated for transactions that were either recurring or imported in bulk
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 8
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 8 release 8.0, April 18, 2016
- Internal improvements and fixes
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 7
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 7 release 7.1, February 29, 2016
- You can now add a subtotal item to an invoice or an estimate transaction. While calculating sales tax, AvaTax does not consider the subtotal item
- Fixed the "Product & Service not selected! Message :: Product/Service should be selected for each line item" error that occurred during the sales tax calculation for a transaction after the addition of a new item from the user interface
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 6
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 6 release 6.1, December 3, 2015
Fixed an issue with nexus jurisdiction functionality on the On-Demand Nexus page
Fixed issues with the creation of a trial account
Fixed issues with activity logs
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 5
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 5 release 5.1, 27 October, 2015
- Under Administrative Options, you can now change the Integration Status by choosing one of the radio buttons, Active or Down, instead of the toggle button. The default Integration Status is now set to Active
- Fixed the issue with displaying the list of possible nexus locations on the Nexus page
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 4
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 4 release 4.0, 30 July, 2015
- In an invoice, the sales tax is now calculated only for lines selected as taxable. The rest of the lines are sent to AvaTax as NT (non-taxable). If none of the lines are marked as taxable, then the entire invoice is marked as non-taxable and the tax amount is zero.
- Document code: The Document Code, displayed on the Admin Console Transaction Listpage, is a combination of the QuickBooks Online account unique number, the transaction type, and the invoice number. The QuickBooks Online Invoice number is displayed as the Reference code on the Admin Console Transaction Details page
- Void a transaction: The status of a voided transaction in QuickBooks Online now reflects in the Admin Console
- Delete a transaction: Deleted transactions are now removed from the Admin Console
- The following functionality will be visible after Intuit publishes them in their host system:
- Real-time calculation: Tax is calculated in real-time. You do not need to refresh the user interface to view the tax details.
- Estimate Tax button: On the Transaction page, click the Estimate Tax button to calculate tax. This button is available for both new users accessing AvaTax from their QuickBooks Online account from the market place app and for existing integrated users.
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 3
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 3 release 3.2, May 29, 2015
- Fixed an error that occurred during the QuickBooks Online integration with AvaTax for QuickBooks Online
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 2
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 2 release 2.7, February 16, 2015
- Fixed an issue where non-taxable customers had a tax amount of $0 listed
- Fixed an issue were the address in the Admin Console did not match the address details from QuickBooks Online because the address details changed during the tax calculation process