You want to link your CertCapture and AvaTax accounts so you can exempt your AvaTax customers' transactions from tax.
- Sign in to AvaTax.
- Click the Organization tab and then select your company.
- Click Exemptions.
- If you don't see Exemptions or the page doesn't load, you'll need to enable Exemption Certificate Settings.
- To do enable that, go to Settings > Exemption Certificate Options > Enable Exemption Certificate Management System (ECMS)
- See Enable ECMS
- Click CertCapture Company Settings
- Set the Status to Enabled
- For Client Code, enter moved_to_certcapture
- For Org Code, enter your CertCapture company ID.
- Click Save.
If you're a user on your account with Admin permissions to both Admin Console and CertCapture, submit a case to Support to initiate the sync.
To submit a case to our Support team, please fill out this online form: https://help.avalara.com/Directory/Contact_Avalara/Submit_a_Case
In your case, please include the following:
Account number of your AvaTax Admin Console
Name of the Admin Console company
Name of the CertCapture company
Specify whether this link is for a Development or Production environment
Avalara Support will contact you with additional details.