Across from given Regions in the Liability Worksheet within the Admin Console, there is a filing type listed as 'No registration information provided'. Why is that listed on the line and what does it mean for the filings?
- The liability worksheet message 'No registration information provided' occurs when Avalara does not have a filing calendar listed for the jurisdiction.
- Example: You have sales in California but do not have a filing calendar setup for Avalara to file the transaction data.
- This can also come up when you are collecting a tax type for the jurisdiction that is not handled on the form that is being filed.
- Example: If you have a filing calendar for the CO DR-0100, which is meant for sales tax for Colorado state level taxes, but are calculating sellers use tax, this message will populate.
- This feature was enabled in early November 2017.
- Prior to this feature, the liability worksheet would not display 'No registration information provided' for tax type mismatches.
- Filings will not be submitted until an updated filing calendar is provided.
- If you do not have a filing calendar setup, you can add one by following the steps listed in Use the Avalara Returns Filing Calendar
- If you do have the right filing calendar setup, you may want to review your tax type selections in your Nexus settings as you are collecting a tax type that is not remitted on the tax return.
- If it is set to Sales tax, you will calculate sales tax on all transactions for that state no matter where the product or services originate from.
- If it is set to Sales or Sellers use tax and the origin address is within the same state as the destination, you will calculate Sales tax.
- If it is set to Sales or Sellers use tax and the origin address is outside of the state the destination is in, you will calculate Sellers tax.
- If you edit your nexus settings to change any tax types, please note that you'll need to recalculate on all affected transactions
- You can recalculate by resending information from your accounting system, as applicable, OR
- You can export and re-import the affected transactions to have the system calculate in bulk.
- The message only displays if you have transactions for that jurisdiction for that month.
Note: Before any changes are made, please confirm with the jurisdiction's Department of Revenue what tax type you should be collecting and what form you should be remitting those taxes on.